I love the jade egg. It’s not just the multitude of benefits that this practice can offer for sensuality, health and wellbeing (see below!) – it is the practices that go with the jade egg from Chi Gung (which literally means to cultivate your life force – what better thing to do with your time!) through to exercises such as breast massage to activate and cultivate your health and your sexual energy. These practices go hand-in-hand with the jade egg and support you to go deeper and gain more from the practice. I practice these daily and they really do work.
The jade egg is an ancient practice from the Taoist lineage. The egg is inserted into your vagina and you practice a series of exercises – sometimes called ‘yoga for your vagina’ or ‘yoni yoga’ (yoni being the Sanskrit name for vagina). The egg can be made of other stones such as rose quartz and obsidian and are sometimes referred to as ‘yoni eggs’.
Good health in our pelvic floor is essential. If we don’t look after our pelvic floors this can result in a range of issues from loss of sensation during sexual activity through to incontinence and prolapse (where the bladder, uterus or rectum can drop). The jade egg is a vital and natural way to take responsibility for our pelvic health.
You may already possess a jade egg (possibly lost somewhere in your home and never used!) and you’re wondering how to get started with it – it’s not the easiest practice to learn from a book. Or you might be already using the jade egg and wanting to deepen your practice. So whether you’re a convert or curious this weekend is for you!
The jade egg is a profound self-healing tool and the benefits include:
- A way to connect with your pelvis and your genitals – places women often have little or no relationship with. Women sometimes describe is as ‘coming home’. Getting to know this potent place has so many benefits for your pleasure, health and wellbeing
- It’s essential for your pelvic health. These practices strengthen and tone your pelvic floor which increase sensitivity, sensation and orgasms, improve bladder control and reduce the risk of prolapse. If your pelvic floor carries tension, this is a great way to learn to relax this area of your body
- If you’re not feeling much sexual desire, using the jade egg and the associated practices activate and help to cultivate your sexual energy, which can be very empowering. If you feel good with your sexual energy, the jade egg will help to you to tap into more vitality and radiance
- A tool to cultivate self-love and body love, empowering you to make difference choices about your life as you learn to access the wisdom and intelligence of your body
- A natural way to heal and strengthen the pelvic floor after childbirth, mild prolapses or to assist with issues such as urinary incontinence.
- A practice of slowing down, softening, relaxing and stillness – an antidote to the often hard, fast and stressful world
The jade egg can benefit women of any age and can really help women at different life stages – for example, bringing balance to your menstrual cycle and helping with lubrication and muscle tone through peri-menopause and menopause.
During this initiation weekend we’ll be learning and exploring:
- Taoist philosophy on cultivating energy and the jade egg
- Your pelvic anatomy for health and pleasure
- Understanding why the health of your pelvic floor is so important, how to get to know the health of your own pelvic floor and what to do to look after your pelvic health in every area of your life
- Creating a new relationship or deepening your existing relationship with your vulva/vagina and your authentic erotic, sensual self
- The benefits and the practice of breast massage
- The magic of Chi Gung to open up, clear and transform your energy including Sexual Vitality Chi Gung to activate, circulate and transform your sexual energy
- Practices to cultivate pleasure and sensuality so you can feel more pleasure in your whole body
- Practicing safely and respectfully with the jade egg within a beautiful ritual. This is optional. You are welcome to do the ritual and the practices without the jade egg then explore at home. Any questions about this, do get in touch
You will leave the weekend feeling nourished and inspired with a practice manual and audios/videos to support you in your home practice. I also run ad-hoc webinars to support you to continue and deepen your practice. The temple is our pelvis and it needs care, attention and love – this weekend really is a gift to your body.
This weekend is brought to you by me, Sarah Rose Bright. I am a Sex, Pleasure & Intimacy Coach, Teacher, Educator and Sexologist bringing fifteen years of experience of inspiring people to erotic freedom. I have created this weekend as I deeply love this work and know how healing and powerful it can be. I have trained with Minke De Vos, the grandmother of the jade egg movement, who has taught the world’s leading jade egg teachers. I am certified teacher with the Universal Healing Tao and a Tao Tantric Arts facilitator.
I am passionate about creating spaces where people can learn about their bodies and their sexuality with support, safety, permission, education and inspiration – bringing more happiness, pleasure and vitality into their lives. I blend ancient wisdom with modern sexology, distilling this into knowledge and grounded experiences that can make a real difference in your life. I offer 1-1 coaching programmes, online courses and in person events and retreats. You can find out more here www.sarahrosebright.co.uk
Certified nephrite jade eggs will be available for sale on the day for £42.50 with unwaxed dental floss. They can be posted in advance for £47.50 including postage.
The teachings in this weekend are for your personal practice only. This workshop does not qualify you to teach the jade egg. If that interests you, do seek out professional trainings.
Contra-indications to the Jade Eggs are that they are not suitable if trying to get pregnant, whilst pregnant or until six weeks after having given birth; if you have an IUD/coil (though some women choose to practice with an IUD except the weight lifting practices); if you have a moderate or severe pelvic organ prolapse; if you’ve had recent pelvic surgery or you currently have infections (vaginal, bladder etc). However, there are always exceptions so do get in touch if you’re not sure. The jade egg is not usually used when menstruating so if you have your menses at the time of the workshop you can still do the practices without the egg inside the body.
Here’s what past participants of Jade Egg Foundations say:
“Wow that egg that has sat in her bag for years is now out of the bag. I needed this weekend to understand and embody the jade egg teachings. I couldn’t have learnt this from a book.”
“I have come home to myself, got in touch with my hidden sacred femininity and feel safe within and without.”
“I finally know who my inner pilot light is and she’s awesome. I love her. Thankyou Sarah for holding a space for me to meet her.”
“I have been totally blown away by this powerful weekend of connecting to my yoni. For the first time ever I don’t feel ashamed or awkward about my sexuality. I realise the love I seek from another is all that I hold within. I can’t eat to see what my future holds – to truly pleasure myself.”
“A true investment in being a magical woman. Thanks for everything. Xxx”
“A dynamic, sensitively delivered weekend of self discovery” Collette
“Sarah shares this profoundly beneficial practice with sensitivity, beauty and passion. Highly recommended for all women.” Sue Holmes, Feng Shui Clearing Consultant and Teacher and Shamanic Practitioner firehouse.uk.com
“Sarah is a cosmic teacher, facilitator and keeper of space. She is deliciously friendly, giving and loving with an ability to tap into the soul of every being. Love her!” Sue Fox
“The idea of a weekend workshop with other women where the theme is jade egg and vaginas may feel very scary but I assure you that this is an amazing opportunity to learn, experience and enjoy. Its a great investment in your well-being and womanhood. Sarah is an awesome facilitator.”
“Wow, what a beautiful experience. Sarah is a very special woman who invites and holds such a warm, caring and accepting space for each and every person on their journey. I wholeheartedly recommend this weekend with Sarah to connect to your inner goddess.”
“Skilfully guided by Sarah you gracefully share, deep wisdom from anatomy, science, myths, yoga traditions and Tao practices and your own personal journeys in a way that makes it safe, fun, deep, light and encouraging. A beautiful space.” Kate Miriam Russell.
“Sarah is a warm and loving guide who has an exquisite skill in putting people at ease. It was a delight to be able to relax in safety and to be taken on a sacred journey with my yoni.”
“Thank you so much for creating such a beautiful weekend and for sharing all your knowledge, wisdom and experience. I felt completely relaxed, at ease and comfortable and the space felt so well held and safe.Thank you Sarah.”
Terms & Conditions
Your booking on a workshop or retreat is only confirmed when the deposit or the fee is received. The deposit is due within 48 hours of booking a place and full payment is due one week before the event begins. All deposits are non refundable.
Cancellation Policy for Evening, One-Day and Weekend Events:
- Cancellation of your event place up to two weeks prior to its start: your non-refundable deposit applies only
- Cancellation of your event place up to seven days prior to its start: 50% of your participation fee is still applicable.
- Cancellation of your event place seven days or less prior to its start: 100% of your participation fee is still applicable.
- If you cancel and the event is full, I will endeavour to re-sell your place and if successful, you will be given a full refund less £25 to cover administration costs.
About Sarah Rose Bright
- Early bird £150 if paid in full by 15th March.
After that date the cost is £175
When & Where
- From: Apr 6, 2019, 12:00 AM
- To: Apr 7, 2019, 12:00 AM