The jade egg is an ancient Taoist practice. The egg is inserted into your vagina and you practice a series of exercises – sometimes called ‘yoga for your vagina’ or ‘yoni yoga’ (yoni being the Sanskrit word for vagina). The egg can also be made of stones such as rose quartz and obsidian and are sometimes referred to as ‘yoni eggs.’
A profound self-healing tool
The jade egg is a vital, natural way to take responsibility for our pelvic health. If we don’t look after our pelvic floor this can cause loss of sensation during sexual activity, incontinence and prolapse where the bladder, uterus or rectum drops; whilst getting to know this potent place has many benefits for your pleasure, health and wellbeing.
Here are just a few of those benefits the Jade Egg offers…
- Brings connection with your pelvis and genitals – places women often have little or no relationship with
- Strengthens and tones your pelvic floor which increases sensitivity, sensation and orgasms
- Activates and helps cultivate your sexual energy, desire, pleasure and sensitivity, vitality and radiance
- Cultivates self-love and body love, empowering you to make difference choices about your life as you learn to access the wisdom and intelligence of your body
- Shows us how to slow down, relax and soften – a wonderful antidote to our often fast and stressful lives
- Offers a natural way to heal after childbirth, mild prolapses and can assist with urinary incontinence
- Brings balance to your menstrual cycle and helps with lubrication and muscle tone through peri-menopause and menopause
- Teaches us the foundational skills for relaxed love making whether with yourself or with another
One to One Coaching
You may already possess a jade egg and are wondering how to get started. Perhaps you are already using the jade egg and want to deepen your practice. Curious or converted, one to one coaching sessions are for you. And if you don’t have a jade egg yet, you can buy one here.
One to one sessions are tailored to your unique needs and we start with an exploration of why you want to use the jade egg. You will learn and explore:
- Taoist philosophy on cultivating energy and the jade egg
- Your pelvic anatomy for health and pleasure
- Why the health of your pelvic floor is so important, how to get to know the health of your pelvic floor and what to do to look after your pelvic health
- A deep relationship with your vulva/vagina and your sensual self
- How to move from goal orientated pleasure through cultivating presence, sensitivity and pleasure
- The benefits and the practice of breast massage
- Sexual Vitality Chi Gung to activate, circulate and transform your sexual energy
- Practicing safely and respectfully with the jade egg within a beautiful ritual (optional)
You will also receive support your home practice with a practice manual, audios and videos.
3 x 1 hour sessions £475
6 x 1 hour sessions £895
Meet Sarah Rose Bright
Sarah Rose Bright is a leading certified Sex, Pleasure & Intimacy Coach empowering women and couples to discover and express their true sexual nature.
Sarah has trained with Minke De Vos, the grandmother of the jade egg movement and is a certified teacher with Universal Healing Tao and a Tao Tantric Arts facilitator.
A pioneer as the UK’s first certified sex coach and one of the first somatic sex educators Sarah blends extensive training and experience with a coaching style described as inspirational, safe, warm and intuitive, for clients to fall in love with their sexual nature and create a life they love.
Sarah Rose Bright: “I love the jade egg. Not only for the multitude of benefits to your sensuality, health and wellbeing; but also for the practices that go with it. From Chi Gung, which literally means to cultivate your life force, to breast massage to activate your health and sexual energy. I practice these regularly and they work!”
Get in touch if you’d like to book jade egg coaching sessions.
Contra-indications to the Jade Eggs are that they are not suitable if trying to get pregnant, whilst pregnant or until six weeks after having given birth; if you have an IUD/coil (though some women choose to practice with an IUD except the weight lifting practices); if you have a moderate or severe pelvic organ prolapse; if you’ve had recent pelvic surgery or you currently have infections (vaginal, bladder etc). However, there are always exceptions so do get in touch if you’re not sure. The jade egg is not usually used when menstruating so if you have your menses at the time of the workshop you can still do the practices without the egg inside the body.