I am super excited to share this interview with Diana Richardson who is considered one of today’s leading authorities on human sexuality. Diana is known as the pioneer of Slow Sex and has been running ‘making love’ workshops for couples since 1993. She has also written 8 books on how in practical ways a person can experience a more fulfilling sex and love life. I have every one of Diana’s books and her work has hugely influenced both my personal and professional life so to chat with her was such a treat.
Diana has a beautiful way of articulating about sex, intimacy, love and Tantra and she shares her grounded and deep wisdom on how we learn sex unconsciously and the common elements and patterns of ‘conventional sex’, how to unlearn ingrained habits, how to keep the sexual temperature cooler, why ‘conscious sex’ is a better phrase than ‘slow sex’, the keys to ‘conscious sex’, why a man fears losing his erection, how sex is often used as a way to discharge tension and stress, why sexual arousal is not a prerequisite for ‘conscious sex’, how to invite your partner to explore a different style of sex and what happens in Diana’s workshops.
There is SO much I didn’t get to ask Diana so I am delighted she is up for round two in the autumn. Enjoy!!
- How we learn sex unconsciously and the common elements of ‘conventional sex’
- How being in our bodies is a key to a different type of sex
- Why ‘conscious sex’ is a better phrase than ‘slow sex’ (the title of Diana’s book)
- The keys to ‘conscious sex’
- How standing with an even distribution of weight shifts your perception
- How finding an anchor point in your body can support you to bring more awareness into the moment
- The difference between ‘looking out’ and receptive vision
- How to unlearn ingrained habits such as going for the goal
- How to keep the sexual temperature cooler and contain your sexual vitality
- The patterns Diana sees in men and women during ‘conventional sex’
- How to invite your partner to explore a different style of sex
- Why the subtle sensations are little seeds
- Why a man fears losing his erection
- Reframing a soft penis as a ‘relaxed penis’
- How to have penetration with a ‘relaxed penis’
- What a ‘spontaneous erection’ is
- How playing with sex can open up whole new adventures in life
- Why Diana wrote her new book ‘Cool Sex’
- What happens in Diana’s workshops
- Why sexual arousal is not a prerequisite for ‘conscious sex’
- How sex is often used as a way to discharge tension and stress
Diana Richardson is considered one of today’s leading authorities on human sexuality, and she is known as the pioneer of Slow Sex. She has written 8 books on how in practical ways a person can experience a more fulfilling sex and love life. Born in South Africa in 1954, she first qualified as a lawyer (B.A.LLB), and then trained as a massage therapist (ITEC) in the UK. Her interest in the body and healing prompted an intense personal exploration into the union of sex and meditation – the essence of Tantra. Since 1993, together with her partner, Michael, she has been sharing her insights and experiences with couples who travel from many different parts of the world to participate in their informative and life changing ‘making love’ workshops in Switzerland.
RESOURCES FROM DIANA
1. The Heart of Tantric Sex – ‘O’ Books UK.
(first published as The Love Keys )
2. Tantric Orgasm for Women – Destiny Books USA
3. Tantric Love: Feeling vs Emotion – Golden Rules to Make Love Easy ‘O’ Books UK.
with Michael Richardson (Raja)
4. Tantric Sex for Men – Making Love a Meditation. Destiny Books USA.
with Michael Richardson (Raja)
5. Slow Sex – Destiny Books USA.
6. Tantric Love Letters – ‘O’ Books UK.
7. Tantric Sex & Menopause (with Janet McGeever) Destiny Books USA.
8. Cool Sex – for young adults – a next generation guide to loving fulfilling sex. (with Wendy Doeleman) UK O-Books 2020
TANTRA RESOURCES FOR LGBTQIA+ FOLK
Two wonderful places to start:
Urban Tantra, Barbara Carrellas
Tantra4gaymen founded by Jason and Ingo
RESOURCES FROM SARAH
Sign up to Sarah’s newsletter so you can find out about the latest podcast episode and get pleasure mapping, a guided audio practice
Book a free consultation with Sarah https://calendly.com/sarahrosebright
Ignite Your Sexuality, a 10 module self study course for women
Find Sarah online
Spotify for some playlists https://open.spotify.com/user/dog9xui4wwpjatvbnpb2t7l3y?si=jnc_V6wxSCqaqr3UhNgD6Q
ABOUT YOUR HOST
Your podcast host, Sarah Rose Bright is a Sex & Intimacy coach and the creator of Intimate Sexuality. Sarah is on a mission to help women and couples to love and celebrate their sexuality, create healthy and happy intimate relationships and find their pleasure, playfulness and passion for life.