Kate Codrington is author of Second Spring the self-care guide to menopause, a wise and gentle companion for this time of transition. This conversation is essential listening for anyone in perimenopause and menopause and I’d recommend this for those of you approaching this stage of life too. Kate brings her playfulness and passion with an essential dose of humour, and a heap of kindness as she offers a new vision for menopause.
We explored why there is fear around perimenopause and menopause, the 3 phases of perimenopause – separation, surrender and emergence (these are a really helpful framework for understanding the process), finding purpose and meaning in perimenopause, why perimenopause is time to slow down, rest and be kinder to yourself, Kate’s thoughts on how to decide if HRT is right for you, or not, why and how your sexuality can change at perimenopause, how to connect with your sexuality through this transition and so much more!
- Why there is fear around perimenopause and menopause
- The impact of ageism
- The 3 phases of perimenopause – separation, surrender and emergence
- Finding purpose and meaning in perimenopause
- Why perimenopause is time to slow down and do less
- How you can be kinder to yourself at this time
- The importance of rest at this time
- What yoga nidra is and how it can help you
- What a medicine circle is
- The value of creating a network of support with friends in the same life phase
- Her thoughts on how to decide if HRT is right for you, or not
- Why and how your sexuality can change at perimenopause
- How to connect with your sexuality through this transition
- The creativity that emerges post menopause
- How the use of your energy changes throughout the phases of life
Author of Second Spring the self-care guide to menopause, Kate is a mentor, speaker, facilitator, artist, writer and has been a therapist for 30 years. A pioneering spirit, Kate was the first to graduate as a Menstruality Medicine Circle facilitator, is the host of Life – An Inside Job podcast, creates multi-level art textile projects and seasonal Yoga Nidra inspired by the land where she lives in Hertfordshire. When she’s not doing these things you’ll find her playing in her compost heaps.
RESOURCES FROM KATE
Website – https://www.katecodrington.co.uk/
Instagram – @kate_codrington
Book – The Second Spring, The Positive Guide to Menopause by Kate Codrington
Monthly yoga nidra to rest and connect with the earth, it’s bespoke, so you come with your wishes, phases and the words you want to hear and I weave them in. 20% of the money goes to black minds matter uk
RESOURCES FROM SARAH
Sign up to Sarah’s newsletter so you can find out about the latest podcast episode and get pleasure mapping, a guided audio practice
Book a free consultation with Sarah https://calendly.com/sarahrosebright
Ignite Your Sexuality, a 10 module self study course for women
Find Sarah online
Spotify for some playlists https://open.spotify.com/user/dog9xui4wwpjatvbnpb2t7l3y?si=jnc_V6wxSCqaqr3UhNgD6Q
ABOUT YOUR HOST
Your podcast host, Sarah Rose Bright is a Sex & Intimacy coach and the creator of Intimate Sexuality. Sarah is on a mission to help women and couples to love and celebrate their sexuality, create healthy and happy intimate relationships and find their pleasure, playfulness and passion for life.