Kimberly Ann Johnson is a Sexological Bodyworker, Somatic Experiencing practitioner, yoga teacher, postpartum advocate, and single mom. She is also the author of the Call of the Wild: How We Heal Trauma, Awaken Our Own Power, and Use It for Good, as well as the early mothering classic The Fourth Trimester, and is the host of the Sex Birth Trauma podcast.
I invited Kimberley to talk about sex that changes the world as she did an interview with this title which I loved so much as I really do believe sex has the power to change the world for good.
In this compelling and thought provoking conversation, Kimberley shares her thoughts and wisdom on how to reimagine sex with it’s potential to change the world, the feminine, motherhood, power, sex and relationships in current times and more. Kimberley shares not just her experience as a practitioner, she brings in her personal perspective as a woman and a mum of a teenager daughter. I’d love to hear what stirs inside you from this conversation.
- Why it is important to start where you are
- The ingredients of sex that changes the world
- The importance of connection to your pleasure hormones
- How less sex and less commitment can be survival features
- The impact of the last few years on sex and relationships and how she sees the state of sex and relationships in current times
- How crying during sex can be therapeutic
- The different between the sex you see on the movies and sex which activates the oxytocin circuitry
- The difference between the male and female arousal trajectories
- Why the clitoris is not just for pleasure
- Understanding the feminine and masculine through the lens of Chinese medicine
- What it means to ‘centre’ the feminine
- Her definition of sexual energy
- Motherhood as a threshold for changing how you want to experience sex and how she connected with her sexuality after becoming a mum
- How the language of consent is taking us further away from sex that changes the world
- How sexual desires are not always politically correct
- The landscape of sex and relationships for young people today and how to support the young people in your life
- The impact of the current overculture on men
- Her definition of power
- Thoughts on dating
Kimberly Ann Johnson is a Sexological Bodyworker, Somatic Experiencing practitioner, yoga teacher, postpartum advocate, and single mom. Working hands-on in integrative women’s health and trauma recovery for more than a decade, she helps women heal from birth injuries, gynecological surgeries, and sexual boundary violations. Kimberly is the author of the Call of the Wild: How We Heal Trauma, Awaken Our Own Power, and Use It for Good, as well as the early mothering classic The Fourth Trimester, and is the host of the Sex Birth Trauma podcast.
RESOURCES FROM KIMBERLEY
RESOURCES FROM SARAH
Sign up to Sarah’s newsletter so you can find out about the latest podcast episode and get pleasure mapping, a guided audio practice
Book a complimentary consultation with Sarah https://calendly.com/sarahrosebright
Find Sarah online
Spotify for playlists https://open.spotify.com/user/dog9xui4wwpjatvbnpb2t7l3y?si=jnc_V6wxSCqaqr3UhNgD6Q
ABOUT YOUR HOST
Your podcast host is Sarah Rose Bright. Sarah is an Intimacy and Sex Coach who helps women & couples to truly enjoy sex and pleasure and create/deepen intimate relationships that are passionate, happy and healthy so that they can feel good about who they are.