I am delighted to share the second episode of the Love, Sex and Intimacy podcast, a conversation with Sarah Tilley, founder and CEO of Beautiful Space Wellness, a legal and safe psilocybin-assisted therapy program for couples and individuals with a focus on modern relationships and sexual wellness.
Sarah is a long term student of Esther Perel and has been working with plant consciousness and altered states for 20 years with individuals and groups.
Sarah talks about why there is a huge growth of working with psychedelics for healing and well being, how she works with psychedelics and the depth of preparation and integration that her programme offers and why people might work with her.
She also shares the phenomenal successes that her clients experience, the difference between conventional couples therapy and psychedelic couples therapy, core skills for erotic and relational wellness and so much more.
This conversation was recorded back in November 2022 so when Sarah is referring to the ‘next years’ Mind Body and Spirit festival she is referencing the one in May 2023.
Sarah Tilley shares:
- What ‘psychedelics mindfulness’ is
- The power of creative visualisation
- Why there is a huge growth of working with psychedelics for healing and well being
- The current legal landscape in the UK
- How she works with psychedelics and the depth of preparation and integration that her programme offers
- Why people might work with Sarah and the incredible successes that Sarah’s clients experience
- The vast difference between conventional couples therapy and psychedelic therapy
- The importance of bringing the sacredness into sex and intimacy
- The power of female empowerment and male vulnerability
- Establishing safety and ritual in consensual non monogamy
- Core skills for erotic and relational wellness
- The value of the Wheel of Consent and Sexological Bodywork
- How sex and intimacy changes overtime in relationship and what relationship 2.0 is
- All about her programme for females
- The value of micro dosing for women in reclaiming themselves
- Practices she shares with women
- Rumination as a sign of depression
- How healthcare will change over next decade
- The benefits of couples taking psychedelics therapeutically
- The benefits of psychedelics couples therapy versus cost of divorce
- How she teaches couples to be psychonauts together
- What ‘freedom within relationship’ is
Sarah is a psychedelic guide, integration specialist and couple therapist specialising in psychedelic therapy, modern relationships and sexual wellness.
Sarah is a long term student of Esther Perel and has been working with plant consciousness and altered states for 20 years with individuals and groups. An expert in facilitating shifts in awareness to the root cause of a problem using a complex methods of regression, hypnosis techniques, breath-work, guided visualisation and psychedelics for full spectrum holistic wellness. Sarah has guided hundreds of altered-state journeys with music, working with powerful intention and ongoing integration.
Currently wellness director and lead facilitator for Beautiful Space. As an activist she has spoken at the NHS and the UN on topics of sustainable healthcare, complementary medicine and women’s equality, involved with the Women’s Equality Party and as a popular figure in the UK press for sex equality, consensual non monogamy and female empowerment.
Sarah has worked in education for over 30 years and currently writes and facilitates her own programs of relationship wellness for individuals, women, couples and mixed groups on and offline. She has transferred her many years as a professional classical violinist to creating music journeys and soundscapes using generative music.The many disciplines of philosophy and spirituality interwoven into her work, come from the deep roots of her inherited Asian history. Unraveling the story of her childhood has been a life long quest into shamanism, taoism, human consciousness, trauma and attachment theory.
RESOURCES FROM SARAH TILLEY
Greenhealthco – twitter for the scientists
The Pleasure Gap by Katherine Rowlands
The Wild Woman’s Way: Unlock Your Full Potential for Pleasure, Power, and Fulfilment by Michaela Boehm
Entangled Life: How fungi make our worlds, change our minds and shape our futures by Merlin Sheldrake
The Myth of Normal by Gabor Maté
How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence by Michael Pollan
Fantastic Fungi – a film
Nine Perfect Strangers – a drama series
Wheel of Consent https://www.schoolofconsent.org/
The 3 min game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KCzpNBNbVM&t=19s
Sexological Bodywork https://sexologicalbodyworkers.org/
RESOURCES FROM SARAH ROSE BRIGHT
Sign up to Sarah’s newsletter so you can find out about the latest podcast episode and get pleasure mapping, a guided audio practice
Book a complimentary consultation with Sarah https://calendly.com/sarahrosebright
Find Sarah online
Spotify for playlists https://open.spotify.com/user/dog9xui4wwpjatvbnpb2t7l3y?si=jnc_V6wxSCqaqr3UhNgD6Q
ABOUT YOUR HOST
Your podcast host is Sarah Rose Bright. Sarah is an Intimacy and Sex Coach who helps women & couples to truly enjoy sex and pleasure and create/deepen intimate relationships that are passionate, happy and healthy so that they can feel good about who they are.